I KNOW IT’S UNPROFESSIONAL BUT I SHIP IT SO HARD.
Shipping it is one thing (a thing I totally affirm!), but writing this episode to put a positive spin on Julian’s ‘I will tell you how you should be until you capitulate because I know better than you do what’s good for you because I am a medical expert and a man and you are a (disabled)* woman and also I outrank you how’s THEM POWER-DYNAMIC APPLES’ mode of courtship is another, extremely uncool thing, and that’s before you even get to the actual doctor/patient dynamic.
AUGH! WRITERS! AS USUAL YOU WERE SO FUCKING CLOSE AND THEN YOU FORGOT THAT YOU NEED TO REWIRE THE ROMANCE-PLOT SECTORS OF YOUR NEURAL NETS BECAUSE HOLY SHIT YOU SUCK AT THIS SO MUCH.
* Parentheses = ‘for lack of a better term,’ because we all know how unstraightforward that is and yet at the same time how necessary to this frame.
11 Notes/ Hide
- imanface likes this
- stubbornstringbones likes this
- aloadedspiralgalaxy likes this
- cosmic-llin likes this
- andromedalogic reblogged this from sophiagratia
- fuckyeahdelenn likes this
- sophiagratia reblogged this from andromedalogic and added:
- vampireskies likes this
- daystarsearcher likes this
- fuckyeahdelenn said: i used to be just indifferent to julian but the first time i saw ‘melora’ i ended up flinching whenever he came on screen for the rest of the season (and then he does the same thing in ‘chrysalis’ and i can’t deal on so many levels)